I came across an AMAZING giveaway over at Mayhem & Moxie's blog...the prizes are stupendous! I figured I may as well enter to win by blogging while telling a story or two...
Most people know that Matt is the cook in our family. While I can decorate a cake with the best of 'em, it will likely stay together only if made by Matt. He provides a firm (not too firm, yet moist) foundation, I just add the bling. Observe Paige's 1st Birthday cake:
As much as I stressed about this party, I loved the results. Most importantly, we had a great time, including Paige. I would love to use any of the prizes Mayhem & Moxie have available for her 2nd birthday! MamaKat's book would be a perfect gift, and the cupcake kit and birthday party kit would be perfect to help me put together the next party, especially since I'll be even busier with school...
Paige's 1st would be my biggest birthday party success thus far...but 2010 holds a 30th birthday for a certain husband...be prepared...it's gonna take a lot to out-do some of the awesome birthdays Matt has thrown for me...such as last year's 30th birthday surprise party, which he even planned so that my friend Emi could attend while she was in town from Colorado, and even featured my favorite band, the now-defunct Sweet Japonic (who featured Paige's dancing on their website)!
The grand prize to this giveaway is this beauty, ahem, "Bertie". Who better to gift it to than Matt...besides, I'm still feeling guilty that I refused to register for one when we were planning our wedding because I thought that people would think we were being greedy. How was I to know he would be professional grade himself when it came to cooking & baking?








Um, you can't enter this b/c I want to win. ;)
ReplyDeleteSusan informed me that it was my responsibility as a fellow blogger to comment on other blogs... I was not going to take her seriously since she herself refuses to get a blog (which I have been trying to convince her to get one) but I do not want to be a bad blogger... :)
ReplyDeletep.s.
the monkey cake is AMAZING!
Hooray, I made your blog!! :)
ReplyDelete