Note: this post was written nearly 2 months ago, but it's taken me that long to get a certain picture that I wanted for the post! Hey, that's life with a toddler.
Eighteen months isn't a real birthday, but it still felt so momentous...so...old, for a baby. Where she's not quite a baby, but not fully talking toddler. I've had my eye on something special for Paige, that's been beckoning me every time I visit the Etsy shop of Crystal Johnsen, a mom, crafter, and writer of the blog Little Bit Funky. It couldn't be more appropriate than for Paige. First, a story...
Eighteen months isn't a real birthday, but it still felt so momentous...so...old, for a baby. Where she's not quite a baby, but not fully talking toddler. I've had my eye on something special for Paige, that's been beckoning me every time I visit the Etsy shop of Crystal Johnsen, a mom, crafter, and writer of the blog Little Bit Funky. It couldn't be more appropriate than for Paige. First, a story...
You see, Matt and I simply could not decide on a baby girl name...boy's was in the bag before we were ever pregnant, but of course, we were having a girl. We would compare lists frequently, and read through three different baby name books. Near the end of the pregnancy, Matt proclaimed he'd found the answer: Paige. I actually loved Paige, but didn't love the initials: P.P. Yep, one of my co-workers had a daughter named Paige, last name starting with P, who was in junior high and in the midst of heckels of you-guessed-it from ruthless boys. She passed the warning on to me from her daughter, even though I'd not shared our name ideas with anyone.
This bothered me those last few weeks, but what was I to do? I finally came to the realization that, if paired with my Grandma's name, Evelyn (which I'd hoped to use for her middle name anyway), it would be "P.E.P." Think of the cute nicknames...Pep, Peppy...besides, she would likely marry one day and take another name...right? She couldn't hate us forever. So I told Matt, it was either Evelyn Paige, or Paige Evelyn...and Paige Evelyn it was. Secretly, I planned to try and beg and bribe talk him into my other favorite name while I was in labor in the delivery room...
"What will be your daughter's name?" Suddenly, here I was, in the O.R.--not the delivery room I'd hoped for, and I certainly had not planned on the panic and rushing of so many nurses and physicians around me. As my nurse midwife, MaryAnne, snapped pictures with my camera, and Matt was off somewhere else putting on scrubs, and the anesthesiologist was trying to distract me by asking this question, I stammered: "Um, well...Paige Evelyn".
Now, I wouldn't have it any other way. I should have known our little baby girl would live up to her...initials!
You can get your own pillow (initials or full name), or any number of lovely, cheerful, homemade goods here. As you can see, we have a satisfied customer--even Matt thought it was "cool"! Check out Crystal's fun and inspiring blog, "Little Bit Funky" too...button is on the right!







Aw, I loved this story. She really is Pep! :)
ReplyDeleteI never knew this story! But you forgot about the best nickname of all: Peppa :)
ReplyDelete*Aunt Susie
OMG, that is the cutest pillow ever! and you are right it does suit her. I can't believe she is 18months. Holy...Moley..I think I see one of those in our near future...but MIC I don't know about that!!
ReplyDeletei LOVE this!! thanks so much for sending me a link. :) super super cute! :)
ReplyDelete