Sunday, August 2, 2009

This Is What 67 Pounds of Blueberries Looks Like.




Yes, blueberry season in West Michigan is upon us! We planned for a Saturday of blueberries and beach in Holland, but thanks to another cold/rainy/windy summer's day, no beach for us. Darby wanted plenty of blueberries to help fill his new deep freeze, and had lots of other people ask for berries when they heard he was coming out to pick. So we picked. And picked. And picked. Paige was definitely a trooper, hanging out in the Kelty. If we hadn't been in a blueberry patch where she could eat her way to happiness, we may have been in for a much shorter trip. At one point, I felt the bucket tied around my waist swinging...I looked down to find Paige yanking it back and forth, stopping to grab a handful of berries, then yanking again. Maybe that's why it took longer for my buckets to fill...or was it my own munching...don't tell! (actually, I have a belief that U-pick berries would be even cheaper if they didn't think that people are eating the goods while they're picking...not that I'm condoning stealing, people). Matt actually doesn't like blueberries (gasp!), so it's only me that's waiting for the "blueberry revenge" for Paige and myself, if you know what I mean...




We stopped in time for the rain to really start, so Paige and I sang rainy day songs (Singing in the Rain, If All the Raindrops...) all the way back to the car. We stopped by Grandma & Grandpa Parrott's, where Paige got to work on climbing stairs, since we recently tore the carpet from ours...and they're yucky. She made short work of those stairs, and in this clip, you'll see her new favorite trick...Peek-A-Boo. She doesn't always get her hands in the right spot...when Paige first started this, we thought she was having headaches!





1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a TON of blueberries. I can't imagine what in the world you are going to do with those.

    ReplyDelete