(This post is for Tuesday. It's early Wednesday now.)
As I read more blogs I realize two things. One, I will never have the time to do the fabulous things that some of these women do with their blogs. I mean, there are true blog celebrities out there, like my friend Jen. Others even make businesses out of them and make a nice living doing it. How fun and creative! The second thing I realize is that we've been using this blog to just post about "big" things...milestones and such. So, I'm trying to move away from that...I want to use this not only to share our family, with you, but also as a memento, a virtual keepsake, if you will, with all the little things that make me smile now, as well as the big things. You may even hear my 2 cents now and then. I was never much of a diary-keeper, but this is kinda fun!
Matt is away tonight for the Dave Matthews Band concert at Pine Knob (okay, DTE theatre or whatever they call it now...for the past 10 years or so). Paige an I gave him a ticket to go with our friend/Paige's godfather, Darby, for Father's Day. It's funny not going, as we've always gone together almost every year (we blogged about it about a year ago), but I don't mind missing. He's getting some well-deserved guy time. It was evident that guy time was in order when Matt had a fit in a store where there was an entire section of funny greeting cards dedicated to "The Motherhood".
Paige was uber-bubbly today. The neighbor lady came by, and she gabbed her ear off, making every noise she's learned so far. I had to try hard not to laugh while said neighbor lady was rattling off her health issues to me as Paige started spinning in circles by sitting on her bottom and planting her heels into the floor, babbling the whole time. I wish I could have got it on camera. Then there were diaper changes, where she not only played peekaboo (she covers one eye with one hand, and her cheek with the other, so she can keep an eye on you...we used to think she had a headache when she started this), but she nearly said it! I heard a singsong "ee-ah-rhoeh" or something like that.
Later we went to Meijer and she flashed smiles at every old lady we passed, charmed a Japanese man who didn't even speak English (he spoke to her, and she replied every time and clapped for him), and sent multiple raspberries to our cashier...right after eating a Goldfish cracker, so cheesy spit went a-flyin'. After eating dinner, we went for a walk to the elementary school, with Paige singing the entire way. One short trip on the swings, then we headed back...much quieter, as she finally dozed off.
And here I am, blogging when I should be sleeping...morning will come before I know it!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







you are so right, its all about remembering the little things. They are the ones that you forget first.
ReplyDeleteWhat a good Mommy and Baby day!
ReplyDelete