
Yesterday was a good day. Matt had to teach Sunday School in the morning and Youth Group in the evening, so he dropped me off at the hospital and came back each time he was done. That left me with Paige for most of the day, which was fantastic. I arrived to find her swaddled in a regular bassinet, looking like a "regular" newborn--although she still had her telemetry monitor hidden underneath. We were able to breastfeed for FOUR of her feedings--and she did great! The NICU has a very precise scale that weighs the baby before and after feedings to find out how much she ate, and whether it's adequate. She did so well that they only need to bottle feed her if I'm not there!
At the end of the day shift, Paige "graduated" to NIM--the intermediate (step-down) unit. Although her platelet level had dropped, they're hoping that it will level off, based on the good results of her other labs. They'll be Fed-Exing her blood that was drawn Friday to Wisconsin on Monday to find out if she has NIATP (Neonatal Idiopathic Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia), and Matt and I may have to have our blood drawn as well, to see if it was an incompatibility between our blood that caused the problem.

Once again, we can't sign off without thanking everyone for your prayers, messages, cards, gifts, and visits. We are so thankful for every little bit, it really helps keep us going!







I am so happy for you. Yeah oh and she is so cute.
ReplyDeleteHi Matt and Nicki! Glad to see that Paige is doing well! What a beautiful baby:). Just wanted to let you know that Al and I have been thinking of you. Thanks for keeping up your blog! It's nice to see how things are going. Talk to you later!
ReplyDelete-Al and Renae
We're so glad she is doing so well. She is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! I just "found" your blog and I am so happy I did! I know what you are going through in the NICU and NIM...which I am so glad to hear she moved to by the way. Isn't the NICU and NIM team awesome?!?! I also know how hard it is to go home without a little baby in the seat but the end of all that is coming soon and she will be home with you keeping you up at night like Grayson is for me. Never thought that would make me smile!!!
ReplyDeletePaige is beautiful you guys! I am really glad that she is doing better. Joe and I are thinking about all of you and hoping that everything continues to go well!
ReplyDeleteNora
Your mom just sent me your blog site, I'm her co-worker/friend that is on the forth floor on bed rest. I am just so excited to read about Paige's progress. Praise God! She is beautiful. I will continue to pray for you all. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteJenni DeHaan
I love the picture in the MSU hat! I am so glad that she is doing well and just wanted to drop by and let you know that i'm checking in and thinking about you all. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteLindsay Hill