Monday, December 8, 2008

Day of Reckoning...

Yes, the dreaded day is here...I (Nicki) am going back to work tonight.

While December seemed eons away when I first carried Paige into our home, it has come too soon--so many things I had hoped to accomplish while on leave are still waiting for me to do--yet I'm not really upset. I know that the reason they didn't get done is because I was busy holding, playing with, feeding, snuggling, and just staring at our Baby Girl!

My co-workers are making my return a little easier to handle by throwing a potluck--actually, we look for any excuse to potluck, but it's very appreciated just the same! Meanwhile, I'm making the return more difficult by getting my wisdom teeth pulled Tuesday morning...at least I'll be sedated, and I don't have to work again until Friday. Wish me luck (and Matt, as he'll be with Paige...at least she sleeps through the night!)!

2 comments:

  1. The first day back is always the hardest! After about 2 weeks it feels great to be out and have normal conversation! I say that and when I go back this Sun I'll probably cry for an hour beforehand!! I hope everything goes well, including the potluck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting back to work. That was nice of you to get Paige to sleep through the night for Matt. Maybe when I call spectrum I will get to talk to you now!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete