Monday, December 22, 2008

Coming To A Manger Near You...

First of all, yesterday was Matt's birthday! Being so close to Christmas, Matt doesn't usually get or want a big party or celebration, but Paige and I managed to help him celebrate his first "Daddy" birthday by surprising him at Cannonsburg Saturday night with a big ski cake for him at the Ski Patrol shack. Of course, I forgot my camera, but Chris had his...we'll just have to wait to get a picture up. The story of the cake is that Matt has been getting the same Family Fare chocolate-with-bavarian-cream-filling-and-whipped-icing with a ski scene on top since childhood...I think we missed a couple years in there somewhere, but now that his sister Haylie decorates cakes there, he had the coolest (and biggest) one yet, and the tradition lives on!!

We were at church most of the day yesterday (and quite possibly the only church that still had service in G.R. thanks to all this snow!). The children had their Christmas program during the service, and Paige played the role of Baby Jesus! I sat in the back with her until her "cue", trying desperately to get her to fall asleep--she was wiggling so much I didn't know if Eve, the girl who was playing Mary, would be able to carry her! Sure enough, she dozed off just in time, and slept through her big debut. Then it was the all-church ham dinner and the youth group's art show, which showed off their works from the Sunday School series that Matt just wrapped up with them. Finally, it was time to get home for Matt's favorite part of his birthday...a NAP!


3 comments:

  1. That will be a great story when she gets older. Happy late birthday to Matt, he must have gotten his wish w/ all the snow! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayden was baby Jesus at our church for his first Christmas too.

    What a cutie that you have.

    ReplyDelete